Data protection is extremely important to us. This why we process your personal data (‘data’ for short) only on the legal bases set out in the GDPR. This privacy statement will provide you with detailed information on how we process your data in our company and on your entitlements and rights with respect to data protection in terms of Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Who is responsible for data processing in our company and who can you contact?
The responsible entity is
Force Net GmbH
Tel: +49 941 – 46 188 24- 0
The company’s data protection officer is
Projekt 29 GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: +49 941-2986930
2. What kind of data do we process and how do we obtain this data?
We only process data you provided to us within the context of initiating or performing a contract, based on your consent or as part of an application submitted to us and/or your employment with us
Personal data includes:
Your basic data/contact details, which, for customers, includes e.g. your first name and surname, address, contact details (email address, telephone number, fax), bank details.
If you are a job applicant or employee, this includes e.g. your first name and surname, address, contact details (email address, telephone number, fax), date of birth, information from your CV and references, bank details, religion.
For business partners, this includes e.g. the names of your legal representatives, company name, commercial register number, VAT ID, company number, address, contact details of your contact partners (email address, telephone number, fax), bank details.
We also process the following other personal data:
- Information on the type and content of contract data, order details, sales and document data, customer and supplier history and documents related to consultations
- Advertising and sales data
- Information on your electronic interactions with us (e.g. IP address, login information)
- Other information that we have obtained within the context of our business relationship (e.g. during talks)
- Data that we have generated ourselves from basic / contact or other data, such as e.g. through customer demand and potential analyses
- The documentation concerning your consent to receiving e.g. newsletters
3. What is the purpose and what is the legal basis on which this data is being processed?
We process your data only in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the 2018 Federal Data Protection Act in their relevant valid versions:
- For compliance with (pre-)contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR): We process your data in order to perform a contract online or in one of our offices, or in connection with your employment at our company. We process this data in particular when initiating a contract and when performing a contract with you.
- For compliance with legal obligations (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR): We process your data in order to meet various legal requirements e.g. set out in the Commercial Code or the Tax Code
- To safeguard legitimate interests (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR): We may also process your data beyond the actual performance of a contract in order to safeguard our or a third party’s legitimate interests where deemed appropriate. We may process data in order to safeguard legitimate interests for the following example purposes:
– Advertising or marketing (see point 4),
– Measures for managing our business and improving services and products
– Maintaining a group-wide customer database for improving our customer service
– Within the context of legal proceedings
- Within the context of your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR): If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, e.g. for receiving our newsletter.
4. Processing of data for advertising purposes
You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time for specific or all types of advertising without such incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates.
Under para. 7(3) of the Law against Unfair Competition (UWG), we are entitled to use the email address you provided on entering into a contract with us for direct advertising for similar goods and services offered by us. You will receive these product recommendations from us irrespective of whether or not you subscribed to our newsletter.
If you do not wish to be sent any such recommendations from us by email, you can object to the use of your address for this purpose at any time without such incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates. Such notifications can also be sent by text, although the emails in question will also always contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe.
5. Who do you share my data with?
If we employ a service provider within the context of processing an order/contract, we will still be responsible for protecting your data. All processors will be contractually bound to treat your data as confidential and to process it only within the context of providing their service. We will only provide your data to the processors employed by us where required by the same in order to perform their relevant services. This can e.g. include IT service providers that we need in order to operate and maintain the security of our IT system, or advertising and directory publishers we may use for our own advertising campaigns.
We also process your data in our customer database. Our customer database helps us to increase the quality of our existing customer data (removing duplicate data, change of address/deceased, correcting address information) and allows us to enrich this data with information from public sources.
These data will be provided to our affiliates where required in order to perform a contract. Each of our affiliates only save their own customers’ data and do so separately, with respect to which our parent company acts as a service provider to the individual participating companies.
Where legally required, we may also provide your data to the authorities and courts or external auditors.
In addition to the above, we may also provide your data to insurance companies, banks, credit agencies and service providers for the purpose of initiating and performing a contract.
6. How long do you keep my data?
We keep your data until the end of our business relationship or the expiry of the legal retention periods (as set out in the Commercial Code, Tax Code, Law on Nursing Homes or Working Hours Act); as well as until the end of any legal disputes for which the data are needed as evidence.
7. Do you transfer personal data to any third countries?
We do not transfer any data to a third country. However, if such should ever be the case, we will do so only on the basis of an adequacy decision from the European Commission, standard contract clauses, suitable guarantees or with your express consent.
8. What are my data protection rights?
You have the right to information about, to rectify, delete and restrict the extent to which your data is processed, to object to the processing, the right to data portability and to complain at any time in accordance with the provisions of the data protection law.
Right to information:
You have the right to ask us whether and about the extent to which we process your data.
Right to rectification:
If we are processing data on you that is incomplete or incorrect, you have the right to demand this data to be rectified or completed at any time.
Right to deletion:
You have the right to ask us to delete your data if we are processing it unlawfully or if such processing impinges on your legitimate right to data protection. Please note that there may be instances where it is not possible to delete data immediately such as, e.g. because of legal retention periods.
Irrespective of whether or not you exercise your right to deletion, we will delete your data immediately and in full provided they are not subject to any legal or statutory retention period regulations.
Right to restrict processing:
You can ask us to restrict the extent to which we process your data if
You are disputing the correctness of the data and only for the time we need to check its correctness
The processing of your data is unlawful, but you do not want the data to be deleted and instead impose restrictions on how your data is used,
We no longer need your data for the intended purpose but still need it to assert or defend legal rights, or
If you have objected to the processing of your data.
Right to portability:
You can ask us to provide the personal data you have provided to us to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and that this data should be transmitted to another controller without hindrance, provided
We are processing this data on the basis of your revocable consent or for the performance of a contract between us, and
provided the processing is carried out by automated means.
Where technically feasible, you can also ask us to directly transmit your data to another controller.
Right to object:
If we are processing your data for a legitimate interest, you have the right to object to this processing at any time; this also applies to any profiling conducted on the basis of this provision. In this case, we will no longer process your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or if the purpose of the processing is to assert, exercise or defend any legal rights. However, you can object to the processing of your data for advertising purposes at any time without stating any grounds.
Right to complain:
If you believe that we are processing your data in violation of German or European data protection law, please contact us to clear up any questions. However, you also of course have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, regional authority for data protection supervision.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our data protection officer. In case of doubt, we may ask you for additional information in order to verify your identity.
9. Is there a legal requirement for me to provide personal data?
We need to process your data in order to enter into or perform a contract between us. If you fail to provide us with this data, we will be unable to enter into this contract or will be unable to continue performing an existing contract and will consequently have to end it. However, you are not required to give us permission to process any of your data that is not relevant to or legally required for the performance of a contract.